- 40 min (+ overnight refrigeration)
- 10 min
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb) skinless, boneless chicken thighs, in cubes
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Dairyland stirred plain yogurt
- 10 mL (2 tsp) vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp) coriander seeds, crushed
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) ground cumin
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 2 meyer lemons (or regular lemons), peel and pith removed, diced
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- to taste: salt
- Place the chicken in a large dish. In a blender, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Pour over the chicken and toss well to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the chutney and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking. Thread the meat onto 8 skewers.
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook about 4 minutes on each side until the meat is fully cooked. Discard any marinade that was in contact with the raw chicken.
- Serve with the mango-lemon chutney.